Monday, April 27, 2009

BLOGSPERIENCE

It amazes me that "blogging" is so popular!I've oftened been asked why I blog...and what's the point. The point is simple. I journal (online) because I have something to say. (and writing in a journal hurts my hands...LOL). And what else do I really have to do in my every day life besides taking care of my family, cooking, cleaning, laundry! LOL. I've been writing my every day happenings since I was 16 years old. I have tons of notebooks I've collected over the years. I started journaling for the mere purpose of "letting it all out". Venting out my frustrations so that I may see it before I speak it. I hated saying unkind words and yelling and confrontation. So I wrote everything I could possibly be pissed off about. But then, I find that all I ever write was the bad stuff. I asked myself, what about the good things in your life? Are they not worth writing about....so... I did. So for those who have asked me...WHY DO YOU BLOG? Here it is.I journal to remind myself of the good stuff in my life. I journal to count my blessings, to celebrate what's working, to remember where the color is, where the joy is, who I love, what I'm learning. I journal to work out the tough stuff, to feel less alone and exorcise the demons. I journal to make an offering of my life. I journal so that someone else might feel less alone or be inspired or feel connected.I journal to feel connected.I journal to share myself and my life. I journal because I want to create a habit of celebrating. I journal to remind myself and others that the world is full of beauty, often tucked away in the most ordinary and unlikely places.I journal to remind myself that there is beauty everywhere.I journal because it helps me to practice seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers