Saturday, March 14, 2015

I'm the Boss...


I took on this challenge in December of 2014. I was having a hard time finding that perfect job that would keep me creative and be able to be home with my children when they need me. That was my first priority. I want to be able to stay home when one of them are sick, or when there is no school, or if they need to be picked up early. I didn't want to have to ask someone for their permission and then leave with the fear of not having a job when I got back. I am a Mom first and as much as I would love to have all the money in the world, I can't put a price on these precious but short moments I have with them.

So in some sheer coincidence, I started looking for groups on facebook about journaling and such....I came across a planner group, and another one, and another one. I had no idea that the planner worls was huge. On steroids, huge! I thought, I'd like to do that with my planner. Make it a scrapbook of sorts. I started making my own accessories and posted them for people to see. I kept getting requests and orders. $10 bucks here and there can't hurt, right? Before I know it, I have an etsy store. All of a sudden, I am home working while still taking care of my kids and my home. I am happy with this arrangement. Right now, my basement is my office - and I am slowly but surely decorating it to be a place I love.

Pictured above is two days worth of work. Not bad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers