Thursday, May 20, 2010

Looking at the Bright Side...


I've had quite a few challenges this past few weeks. You know the kind. The ones that bring you to your knees, the ones that make you question your faith. I've had to think about what's truly important and if we all could actually live with just that. There was a time when money wasn't an issue. We were never wealthy, but we were comfortable. We went out to eat, we went to the movies any time we wanted, traveled, bought things we didn't need. I don't think we were careless with our money, but we sure didn't "pinch". After a while, money gets depleted and you're left with the coming paycheck. I have been searching for a job for seven months now and to my dismay, nothing. I get answered with "thank you for the application but...." or "we can't consider you because your required salary is higher than what we are currently offering".
I've had to sit down and re-evaluate everything that's happening in this household. From our budget, to our goals, to everything I can possibly think of. I was very upset for a while. So I prayed.
I pray everyday, anywhere, anytime. I believe that my faith has carried me through the most difficult times in my life. I am human and sometimes, I break. But through it all, my faith has always kept me afloat. I started to think that perhaps the reason why I am going through this difficult time right now is to realize that "there are a lot of people worse off than I am". Maybe its to make me realize that I have everything I've ever needed and I was blinded by all the material things I could achieve with money. I asked myself "did the money truly make me happy or happier?" NO. It covered us with material things and thats about it. The only good thing that money ever did for me was the opportunity to help my parents when they needed it. That was it.
I've had to reevaluate my life and everything that surrounds me. Things happen for a reason. Perhaps the reason why I can't find a job is because I already have the ultimate job in the world, I am a mother. Perhaps the reason why we are going through financial difficulty is to test our faith and our bond as a family. After all, I have everything I need. My faith in God only magnifies that. I am still very blessed. And each time I see my children, I am reaffirmed of what God can do. My children are the light of my life and God gave them to me, because He loves me.
I am still blessed and I am favored by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers